CeSTII Research Briefs
Our Research Briefs are concise papers based our ongoing work. Their goal? To provide empirical evidence and informed opinion that decision-makers in the national system of innovation can use to strengthen the quality of their thinking and action.
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN PUBLIC SECTOR - N. Vlotman & M. Clayford (September 2018)
- INNOVATION IN SERVICES: THE POTENTIAL TO CONTRIBUTE TO STRUCTURAL ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION? - G. Kruss, M. Sithole, C. Moses, H. Makelane & P. Mudavanhu (May 2018)
- CAN GOVERNMENT STIMULATE INNOVATION THROUGH PUBLIC FUNDING AND PROCUREMENT? WHAT SOUTH AFRICAN SERVICES FIRMS SAY - G. Kruss, M. Sithole & C. Moses (April 2018)
- CAN GOVERNMENT STIMULATE INNOVATION THROUGH PUBLIC FUNDING AND PROCUREMENT? WHAT SOUTH AFRICAN MANUFACTURING FIRMS SAY - G. Kruss, M. Sithole, C. Moses & H. Makelane (April 2018)
HSRC Policy Briefs
Our researchers contribute to the HSRC's Policy Brief series, with evidence-based assessment of critical policy issues.
- Investment in public agricultural research in South Africa: A critical review of the evidence - MM. Sithole, G. Kruss, N. Vlotman, C. Moses & N. Le Roux
- Social sciences and humanities R&D investment in South Africa: Current priorities, future needs - G. Ralphs & N. Molotja (March 2019)
- The future of state-owned enterprises in South Africa: Why R&D matters - N. Mustapha, G. Kruss & G. Ralphs (March 2018)
- Eco-innovation in South African manufacturing enterprises: Trends and benefits - C. Moses (March 2017)
- Promoting a science, technology and innovation policy for inclusive development in South Africa - G Kruss, I Petersen, J Rust & A Teal (March 2017)