Our support for HSRC BRICS-related activities
The Centre also assists the HSRC in:
- Consolidating formal links and collaborations with research organisations in BRICS member states;
- Preparing and coordinating related meetings, research seminars, public engagements, lecture series, public policy dialogue, and consultation forums.
- Producing evidence-based policy briefs and interacting with key users, including government departments and agencies.
Other related support includes:
- Identification of gaps in research and the development of a systematised and integrated BRICS-related international relations research agenda;
- Facilitation of networks and information sharing within the wider research community in South Africa, in the region and within BRICS;
- Identification of skills required to analyse policies and of ways to strengthen institutions and international partnerships;
- Maintenance of a web portal on BRICS-related policy research;
- BRICS research conferences;
- Regular public seminars and public lectures;
- Discussion forums for policy makers and researchers.