Funding information sessions
The BDIL unit has arranged a number of Funding Information Session since February 2014.
The Purpose is to ensure that critical areas of the funding submission and proposal development process are dealt with through dedicated sessions to researchers. These sessions take place on a monthly basis and are presented by either internal staff members or external partners.
The last and most recent session was presented by Dr Aldo Stroebel from the National Research Foundation (NRF) on the 21 May.
He addressed staff on NRF opportunities and touched on the following areas:
• Funding opportunities for capacity development,
• Strategic aspects of African (and overseas) engagements,
• Instruments for international collaboration and support and
• Components of networking and partnership development for open reflection and input.
Download a copy of the presentation:
- Capacity Building and Internationalising the Research Platform International Relations and Cooperation (IRC) Dr Aldo Stroebel, Executive Director 21 May 2014
We are constantly looking for innovative ideas to keep you informed about the funding landscape, funders, current and upcoming funding opportunities.
In this month’s edition of the Funding E-Bulletin, an overview of the NRF, funding opportunities, grant management, and the Rating of Researchers is presented.
Presentations during Funding information sessions available for download below:
- Presentation (Development partnership opportunities (ODA & Foundation/ Philantropies)
- Presentation by Dr Baren Taute (Horizon 2020 Secure Societies)
- Presentation by Dr Sagren Moodley (Horizon 2020: Funding opportunities for the Humanities & Social Sciences)
- Presentation (Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Presentation by Janine Carlse (Understanding the Newton Fund: application to impact)