What we do
As a committed team, we have proven strengths in:
- Economic modelling – identifying the impacts of particular trends, events and policies on overall welfare, different economic sectors and specific cities, towns and rural areas
- Cost-benefit analysis and evaluation – weighing up the positive and negative effects of alternative policies and actions
- Economic intelligence – using quantitative and qualitative evidence to analyse the implications for different groups of people and places of major economic, social and spatial developments
- Strategic thinking – collaborating with organisations to make sense of the currenteconomic environment and to help position themselves for the future, based on primary research and secondary sources
- Evidence-based policy – sharing informationand advising decision-makers on the design of economic development and employment programmes, drawing on first-hand knowledge and international experience.
How We Make A Difference
Through our research and policy proposals we contribute to the creation of a productive, inclusive and resilient country and continent through broad-based economic development and full employment.
Our main purpose is to improve the evidence base and understanding of solutions to the pressing economic, development and employment challenges facing South Africa. We are experts on the dynamics of structural change as well as spatial development and migration.
Contact details: +27(0)12 302 2730