The eResearch Knowledge Centre intends to enhance the HSRC’s research capability through innovative information services, geospatial solutions and digital curation.
The eResearch Knowledge Centre is an informed research enabler which provides innovative knowledge services and access to resources that meet the needs of the HSRC’s research community and its stakeholders.
Our strategic objectives
The research enabling function of the eRKC includes the following:
- Collaborate with other services units in the HSRC to enable the full scope of eResearch. The eRKC forms part of an organisation wide network focussed on supporting the research life cycle.
- Ensure the financial viability and sustainability of the organization by being responsible for financial and resource management.
- Support the research process by availing expertise on research projects from conceptualisation by offering information support, the development of instruments, methodologies and holistic data management services to ensure best practises of eResearch are achieved.
- Increase the visibility of the eRKC, by demonstrating its value and promoting the work and products of the eRKC.
- Enhance skills, capacity and research collaboration by providing training and facilitating knowledge sharing in the areas of information literacy, data management and curation and geospatial analytics.
- Facilitate seamless access to information and knowledge resources and tools in the social sciences and humanities.
- Provide access via the HSRC’s website and intranet to the organisation’s intellectual output and to promote the use of the outcomes of research as part of a wider science communication strategy.
- Be responsive to the information and research needs of all HSRC staff and their stakeholders.
- Preserve the information- and data resources of the HSRC, by applying responsible collection development., preservation., and sharing procedures.
- Participate in the wider research enabling community to be aware of trends and to make a contribution nationally.
- Identify, promote and implement new strategies to enhance eResearch in the HSRC and proactively engage stakeholders about it.
- Prioritise the development of capacity in the unit as the dynamic and complex environment in which the unit operates requires highly skilled staff across a wide range of competencies.
<As on eRKC What we do.>
<As on eRKC What we do.>
RELATED RESEARCH OUTPUTS:
<Dynamic content to be sourced from RMS.>