Symposium on Health Financing for UHC
Global attention has shifted to achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) which entails ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all at all ages” (goal 3.8) as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Subsequently, many countries have made commitments to support progress toward UHC. It has also been realized that UHC requires policy actions in a complex and increasingly multi-sectoral arena, with legitimate role-bearers ranging from ministries of; Health, Finance, Education, Local Government, Labour Gender and Social Development and among development partners, private sector and civil society organizations and media.
- Ensuring financial risk protection using public funds
- Risk sharing and pooling of funds through insurance
- Leveraging health benefits from investment in other sectors
- Strategic purchasing and results based financing
- Global health initiatives and innovative financing