Closing remarks, Gender Summit Africa
- Take a fresh look at gender issues in science knowledge making, in and for Africa;
- Formulate a gender policy charter for scientific research;
- Strengthen research collaborations with all stakeholders;
- Accelerate a shared responsibility of promoting gender sensitive science; and
- Promote research and innovation that impacts public policy.
The 5th Gender Summit and the first to held on the African Soil was held at the ICC in Cape Town over three days from 28 to 30 April 2015. The theme was: "Poverty alleviation and economic empowerment through scientific research and innovation: better knowledge from and of Africa".
- Closing remarks: Gender Summit Africa Professor Olive Shisana, Sc.D 30 April 2014
- Remarks at Gender Summit Media Briefing Minister in the Presidency Responsible for Women, Susan Shabangu
- Message from the Chair of the Gender Summit Africa Prof. Olive Shisana