Education and Skills Development
Learning To Achieve Our Dreams
We deliver research expertise in fields of education and skills development focusing on projects that address national education and skills priorities and contribute to developing government policies that can improve the quality of basic education for all and redress gender differences and inequalities.
A set of transversal themes lend coherence to the programme:
- Education and training for development, with an emphasis on understanding how contexts, policies, institutions and systems shape and
- distribute educational and training opportunities
- Ensuring equitable access for individuals to basic, intermediate and high-level learning and skills
- Skills and capability development in educational institutions and firms in the context of changing technological opportunities and a knowledgebased economy
- Transitions through education and from education to the world of work.
View the ESD Projects and Data
Find out more about the Education and Skills Development Department.
Contact details: +27(0)31 242 5428