Labour Market Intelligence Partnership
A partnership between DHET and the HSRC
This project, officially launched at the HSRC on 4 September 2012, is a partnership with the Department of Higher Education and training. It will be the basis for excellence in education and skills and a growing economy for all.
It aims to set up systems for reliable data indicating skills needs, supply and demand in our labour market allowing South Africa to plan better for human resources development.
It focuses on creating a credible labour market intelligence framework to ensure better information gathering, analysis, and overall systems synergy.
The LMI project will provide information that is crucial to all our post-school systems and to all sections of the labour market itself.
The research on the LMIP has been organised in terms of the following six (6) themes:
- Theme One: Labour market analysis, framework, data, and information systems
- Theme Two: Skills forecasting: the supply and demand model
- Theme Three: Selected sectoral analyses
- Theme Four: Reconfiguring the Post-School Sector
- Theme Five: Pathways through education and training and into the labour market
- Theme Six: Understanding changing artisanal and occupational identities and milieus