Human and Social Development
Fresh Insights That Cut Through Inequalities
The key strengths of the research programme are:
- A strong focus on a high standard of relevant research using insights from the social sciences, including: psychology, sociology, gender studies, demography, cultural studies and anthropology.
- A focus on increasing the impact of research findings so as to promote human and social development
- Conceptual, theoretical and methodological rigour
- Significant capacity building and development of younger and emerging researchers
- A commitment to research that will positively impact the quality of life of all South Africans and raise awareness of the critical national issues.
Our Projects and Data
Raising visibility : WSW, LBT communities experiences in HIV and AIDS
HIV and Sexual Risk in African MSM in South African townships
Non-conforming gender identities
A baseline study on the situation of families in Mpumalanga
Find out more about the Human and Social Development Department.
Contact details: +27(0)12 302 2206