The current situation of HIV/AIDS in South Africa
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This presentation summarizes some of the main findings of the Nelson Mandela/HSRC study in HIV/AIDS with a particular emphasis in HIV prevalence. This study is the first systematically sampled national community-based survey of prevalence in South Africa.
Related Research Outputs:
- Nelson Mandela/HSRC study of HIV/AIDS: South African national HIV prevalence, behavioural risks and mass media: household survey 2002
- South Africa's first national population-based HIV/AIDS behavioural risks, sero-status and media impact survey (SABSSM) research project: third quarterly progress report
- HIV/AIDS in Southern Africa: executive summary
- Epidemiological and demographic HIV/AIDS projections: South Africa
- A review of HIV/AIDS policy, financing, legislation and programmes: South African case study: Draft
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on the health sector: national survey of health personnel, ambulatory and hospitalised patients and health facilities, 2002
- Prevention of mother to child transmission: a report of an assessment of a pilot programme in fifteen health facilities in Gauteng province
- A comparative analysis of the financing of HIV/AIDS programmes in Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, October 2003
- Improving school children's mental health in an era of HIV/AIDS
- Mental health and HIV/AIDS: report on a round-table discussion, March 2003
- HIV/AIDS in developing countries: heading towards a mental health and consequent social disaster?
- Some crystal ball gazing: mental health in 2015
- The relationship between sectoral characteristics and HIV risk factors and vulnerability
- Children and youth at risk: adaptation and pilot study of the CHAMP (Amaqhawe) programme in South Africa
- Guardianship in the time of HIV/AIDS- realities, perceptions and projections: (a mental health viewpoint)
- Epidemiology of HIV in South Africa: results of a national, community-based survey
- Coping psychologically with being HIV sero-positive: a study of lived experience, supportive and aggravating factors
- South African national HIV prevalence, HIV incidence, behaviour and communication survey, 2005
- The determinants and impact of HIV/AIDS on the labour market in South Africa
- Mediating social representations using a cartoon narrative in the context of HIV/AIDS: the AmaQhawe family project in South Africa