Partnerships in action: university-school-community
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Partnerships in Action explores, at multiple levels, a university-school-community partnership in action. The chapters provide rich and dynamic accounts of the activities that make up this partnership, within a context of extreme social inequality. The contributors share an enduring commitment to whole-school improvement. They describe how, through interdisciplinary collaboration, they negotiate the multiple political, social and structural complexities which arise in the coming together of the partners.
The book's uniqueness lies in its combination of practical implementation and sound theoretical scholarship from a range of disciplines. Not only does the partnership strengthen the university's commitment to community-engagement, but it offers new insights to all students, stakeholders, academic staff, and social researchers - in universities, education departments and NGOs - with an interest in improving schooling, and building social justice.
Related Research Outputs:
- Globalisation, enterprise and knowledge: education, training and development in Africa
- Challenges in the provision of private schools in South Africa
- Book review: Harber, C. (2000) State of transition: post-apartheid educational reform in South Africa (Monographs in international education) Walligford, Oxford: Symposium Books. ISBN 1 873927 19 3
- Understanding the size of the problem: the national skills development strategy and enterprise training in South Africa
- Non governmental organisations and education in South Africa
- Deracialisation & migration of learners in South African schools
- Opening the doors of learning: where is the principal?: a position paper
- Education, ethnicity, gender, and social transformation in Israel and South Africa
- The benefits of information and communication technology in tele-education: a case study
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Globalization and the social construction of reality: affirming or unmasking the "inevitable"?
- Mathematics literacy of final year students: South African realities
- Poverty power and partnerships in educational development: a post-victimology perspective
- The recognition of prior learning power, pedagogy and possibility: conceptual and implementation guides
- Etat de l'ecole: usage des systemes d'information et construction d'indicateurs synthetiques
- Report on the fortieth general assembly meeting of the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA), Oslo, Norway, 30 August - 2 September 1999
- Summary of LATAG lifeskills workshop: Gabarone, Botswana 19-22 June 1999
- Gauteng: labour market situational analysis
- Formative evaluation and monitoring of curriculum 2005 implementation in Gauteng: workshop for educators & principles
- Middle school students' performance in mathematics in the third international mathematics and science study: South African realities