Theorising education: a primer for the educational imagination
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Theorising Education shows basic theoretical moves for the educational imagination by stripping each move down to its most elementary function. The author opens out five basic theoretical moves - each one able to be used with the others, so that, by the end of the book, you will have the beginnings of a theoretical tool kit. This tool kit will enable you to imagine possible educational worlds different from ones you may have already encountered.
A first of its kind, Theorising Education is for the person who wants to learn how to think about education in an active, imaginative and systematic way.
Related Research Outputs:
- Globalisation, enterprise and knowledge: education, training and development in Africa
- Challenges in the provision of private schools in South Africa
- Book review: Harber, C. (2000) State of transition: post-apartheid educational reform in South Africa (Monographs in international education) Walligford, Oxford: Symposium Books. ISBN 1 873927 19 3
- Understanding the size of the problem: the national skills development strategy and enterprise training in South Africa
- Non governmental organisations and education in South Africa
- Deracialisation & migration of learners in South African schools
- Opening the doors of learning: where is the principal?: a position paper
- Education, ethnicity, gender, and social transformation in Israel and South Africa
- The benefits of information and communication technology in tele-education: a case study
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Globalization and the social construction of reality: affirming or unmasking the "inevitable"?
- Mathematics literacy of final year students: South African realities
- Poverty power and partnerships in educational development: a post-victimology perspective
- The recognition of prior learning power, pedagogy and possibility: conceptual and implementation guides
- Etat de l'ecole: usage des systemes d'information et construction d'indicateurs synthetiques
- Report on the fortieth general assembly meeting of the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA), Oslo, Norway, 30 August - 2 September 1999
- Summary of LATAG lifeskills workshop: Gabarone, Botswana 19-22 June 1999
- Middle school students' performance in mathematics in the third international mathematics and science study: South African realities
- South Africa
- A framework for assessing communicative language ability in two indigenous South African languages at grade 9 level