France's Africa relations: domination, continuity and contradiction
Download this report
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
This edited book is a compendium of research work on France's contentious and sometimes complicated African policy. It attempts to assess France's policy issues that may have contributed or influenced the consistent economic, political, social and security crises in former French colonies on the African continent.
Related Research Outputs:
- Re-imagining France's policies toward Africa in the twenty-first century
- France and the evolution of sub-regional integration in Central Africa: the case of CEMAC
- Setting the agenda for new Franco-Africa relations in the twenty-first Century
- Africa in the contemporary world
- China fuels its future with Africa's riches
- China in Africa: a maturing of the engagement?
- Nuanced balancing act: South Africa's national and international interests and its 'African agenda'
- Analysis of non-communicable diseases prevention policies in Africa (ANPPA): South African country case study
- Unpacking policy gridlocks in Africa's development: an evolving agenda
- France and the Linas-Marcoussis agreement on Cote D'Ivoire: implications for Africa's continental integration
- Book review: Goetz, A.M., Hassim, S. (eds.) (2003). No shortcuts to power: African women in politics and policy making. Cape Town: Zed Books. 246 p. ISBN 1842771477
- Democracy in Africa: moving beyond a difficult legacy
- Introduction: globalisation and the world of work, a French-South African cross perspective
- Book review: Legum, C. (2001) Africa since independence. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press.105pp. & Abrahamsen, R. Disciplining democracy: development discourse and good governance in Africa. London: Zed Books. 168pp. & Salih, M. (2001) African democracies and African politics. London: Pluto Press. 234pp
- Fragments of democracy: nationalism, development and the state in Africa
- The centre-periphery in knowledge production in the twenty-first century
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Report on the HSRC study tour to France, 2-6 October
- The elusiveness of integration: policy discources on open and distance learning in the 1990s