Online pilot test: Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) instrument
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
In order to capacitate community-based paralegals (CBPs), they must first have access to quality and accredited education and training. However, that access to the Bachelor of Paralegal Studies is currently blocked by the systemic articulation criteria that are statutorily determined. The alternative route to access is through recognition of prior learning (RPL), and instruments have to be designed that enable access for paralegals in practice. The Unit for Applied Law at Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) therefore approached the Democracy, Governance and Service Delivery (DGSD) programme of the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) to implement a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) pilot survey. The main purpose of the study was to pilot test the draft RPL online survey instrument administered to community paralegals working at Community Advice Offices across South Africa. CPUT will use feedback from the pilot survey presented in this report to finalize the RPL instrument for implementation in the main study. Paralegals in practice, therefore, informed the design of the RPL instrument.
Related Research Outputs:
- Trends in grade 3 learner performance: results of numeracy and reading summative assessment in 2000 and 2001
- Experiences in the administration of large-scale learner assessments
- The use and application of ARBs in the classroom: lessons for DDSP schools
- Recognition of prior learning as an integral component of competence-based assessment in South Africa
- Assessment for the recognition of prior learning and continuing education: towards a model of learner-paced assessment for fast tracking adult learners who do not have formal qualifications
- Report on the HSRC study tour to France, 2-6 October
- The recognition of prior learning power, pedagogy and possibility: conceptual and implementation guides
- The development of assessment, evaluation and test materials of the HSRC
- Conference report: 26th International Association for Educational Assessment
- Monitoring of learning achievement: training workshop: data management, analysis and report writing
- With Africa for Africa: towards quality education for all
- Differential bundle functioning on numeracy and literacy tests developed for the National Department of Education in South Africa
- Investigate the reasons for the low pass rate in grade 10 in 2003
- A disciplinary-specific approach to the recognition of prior informal experience in adult pedagogy: "rpl" as opposed to "RPL"
- Challenges for piloting an integrated, effective national assessment system in South Africa
- The RPL conundrum: Recognition of Prior Learning in a teacher upgrading programme
- The 'nuts and bolts' of prior learning assessment in the Faculty of Education of the University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Prior learning assessment and quality assurance practice: possibilities and challenges
- Career mobility, RPL, and a qualified workforce: policy issues, implications, and recommendations
- Quality assurance practice in RPL provisioning in higher education