The importance of intermediate and high skills development in the Western Cape: background paper 1: the underpinning infrastructure: public schooling in the Western Cape
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is one of three background papers written to inform the HSRC's report on the significance of intermediate and high-level skills development for micro-economic development strategy in the Western Cape. The focus of this paper is on schooling as it provides the basic infrastructure for human resources development in the Western Cape. The authors focused on the issue of migration and its impact on schooling in the province. The paper draws on the most up-to-date statistical data available, analysing provincial data in relation to national trends. The paper also benefits from a number of national studies recently conducted by the HSRC in relation to areas that are not well researched, such as enterprise based training, or higher education-industry partnerships.
Related Research Outputs:
- Human resources development review 2003: education, employment and skills in South Africa
- Towards a multi-level skills strategy in the western Cape
- The importance of intermediate and high skills development in the Western Cape: background paper 2: challenges of intermediate skilling in the Western Cape
- The importance of intermediate and high skills development in the western Cape: background paper 3: the contribution of higher education to a western Cape regional innovation system
- Monitoring and evaluation of DANIDA support to education and skills development (SESD) programme: third impact assessment: South Cape College, Western Cape, November
- Monitoring and evaluation of DANIDA support to education and skills development (SESD) programme: second impact study: College of Cape Town, Western Cape, March
- A baseline study for the INTAC project covering ten identified pilot sites: summative report
- History bites: understanding the history of technical and vocational education in the context on the recent focus on skills development
- Skills for development: a new approach to international cooperation in skills development?
- ETDP sector brief
- Book review: Brown, Phillip, Green, Andy & Lauder, Hugh. (2001). High skills: globalisation, competitiveness and skill formation. ISBN 0199244189
- Changes in the South African education system: in search for economic growth
- Shortage of effective employees and integrated local economic development: the South African case
- Skills analysis in the mining and minerals sector
- Education in retrospect: policy and implementation since 1990
- Gauteng: labour market situational analysis
- Cognitive skills assessment and instruction: developing an indigenous model to empower educators and learners
- Skills development strategy initiative (SDSI) support programme: a knowledge and skills profile of registered skills development facilitators in the mining and minerals sector
- Audit of pension pay points in South Africa
- Analysis of workplace skills plans and training reports: mining and minerals sector