Trends in the supply of tertiary qualifications among designated groups 1998-2005
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
The key focus of this paper is to illustrate in the supply of formal tertiary qualifications in public higher education, and the share of designates groups since the promulgation of the Employment Equity Act. Understanding the absolute size and growth in the supply of designates groups is important in addressing the assertion that 'they (skilled blacks and women) are just not out there', often forwarded as the rationale for the continued domination of white males of the top and senior echelons of the South African corporate environment. The key data source or the period 1998-1005 was the Higher Education Management Information System (HEMIS) database from the Department of Education.
Related Research Outputs:
- Globalisation, enterprise and knowledge: education, training and development in Africa
- Challenges in the provision of private schools in South Africa
- Book review: Harber, C. (2000) State of transition: post-apartheid educational reform in South Africa (Monographs in international education) Walligford, Oxford: Symposium Books. ISBN 1 873927 19 3
- Understanding the size of the problem: the national skills development strategy and enterprise training in South Africa
- Non governmental organisations and education in South Africa
- Deracialisation & migration of learners in South African schools
- Opening the doors of learning: where is the principal?: a position paper
- Education, ethnicity, gender, and social transformation in Israel and South Africa
- The benefits of information and communication technology in tele-education: a case study
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Globalization and the social construction of reality: affirming or unmasking the "inevitable"?
- Mathematics literacy of final year students: South African realities
- Poverty power and partnerships in educational development: a post-victimology perspective
- The recognition of prior learning power, pedagogy and possibility: conceptual and implementation guides
- Etat de l'ecole: usage des systemes d'information et construction d'indicateurs synthetiques
- Report on the fortieth general assembly meeting of the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA), Oslo, Norway, 30 August - 2 September 1999
- Summary of LATAG lifeskills workshop: Gabarone, Botswana 19-22 June 1999
- Middle school students' performance in mathematics in the third international mathematics and science study: South African realities
- South Africa
- A framework for assessing communicative language ability in two indigenous South African languages at grade 9 level