Children working in the commercial and subsistence agriculture in South Africa: a child labour-related rapid assessment study
: Monograph (Book) PUBLICATION YEAR
: J.Streak, A.Dawes, D.Ewing, S.Levine, S.Rama, L.AlexanderKEYWORDS
, CHILD LABOUR
, CHILD WELL-BEING
: HSRC Library: shelf number 5702
Download this report
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
The present report is the final one for the research project on child work and labour in agriculture commissioned by the Towards the Elimination of Child Labour (TECL) Programme in South Africa in May 2006. It was conducted by a team of researchers led by the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC), and is organised as follows:
1. Section 1, the Introduction, explains the definitions of child work and child labour used in
the study, provides an overview of the legal and policy framework governing child work
and labour in South Africa, and presents the relevant key findings from the existing
2. Section 2 presents the research mandate, and the design and method of the study.
3. Section 3 describes the implementation of the research project in practice.
4. Section 4 presents the main findings of the study.
5. Section 5 presents the recommendations that flow from the study.