Introduction and overview
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Much has happened since the first appearance of AIDS in 1981: it has been identified, studied, and occasionally denied. The virus has shifted host populations and spread globally. Medicine, the social sciences, and world governments have joined forces to combat and prevent the disease. And South Africa has emerged as ground zero for the pandemic. The urgent lessons in this book apply both globally and locally, making HIV/AIDS in South Africa 25 Years On uniquely instructive and useful for professionals and researchers in HIV/AIDS, public health, and social science research.
Related Research Outputs:
- Public health evaluation of the healthy relationships positive prevention programme in four districts of the OR Tambo District in the Eastern Cape, South Africa
- Review of the HIV/AIDS policy, legislation, financing & implementation of programmes in Mozambique
- A review of HIV/AIDS policy, financing, legislation and programmes: South African case study: Draft
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on the health sector: national survey of health personnel, ambulatory and hospitalised patients and health facilities, 2002
- Prevention of mother to child transmission: a report of an assessment of a pilot programme in fifteen health facilities in Gauteng province
- A comparative analysis of the financing of HIV/AIDS programmes in Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, October 2003
- HIV/AIDS/STD knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours in a rural South African adult population
- Traditional healers on board to fight HIV/AIDS
- HIV/AIDS impact assessment study project: first trimester report March - July 2006
- Bush and the global gag rule: trick or treat?
- HIV risk exposure among young children: a study of 2-9 year olds served by public health facilities in the Free State, South Africa
- Evaluation of HIV/AIDS prevention intervention messages on a rural sample of South African youth's knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours over a period of 15 months
- HIV/AIDS/STD prevention intervention messages: an evaluation of the knowledge, attitudes and beliefs of a rural South African sample
- HIV prevention intervention among low-income women in South Africa: a randomized control trial 1
- Containment and contagion: how to strengthen families to support youth HIV prevention in South Africa
- Community collaborative youth-focused HIV/AIDS prevention in South Africa and Trinidad: preliminary findings
- Social and behavioral aspects of child and adolescent participation in HIV vaccine trials
- Mediating social representations using a cartoon narrative in the context of HIV/AIDS: the AmaQhawe family project in South Africa
- Substance abuse and HIV risk behaviours in community health centres in Cape Town
- Moving voluntary counselling and testing to the people