HIV/AIDS in South Africa 25 years on: psychosocial perspectives
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The editors present the South African crisis as a template for addressing the myriad issues surrounding the epidemic worldwide, as the book brings together a widely scattered body of literature, analyzes psychosocial and sexual aspects contributing to HIV transmission and prevention, and delves into complex intersections of race, gender, class and politics. Including largely overlooked populations and issues as well as challenges shaping fuure research and policy, the contributors approach their topics with rare depth, meticulous research, carefully drawn conclusions, and profound compassion.
Related Research Outputs:
- Psychosocial challenges and protective influences for socio-emotional coping of HIV+ adolescents in South Africa: a qualitative investigation
- Review of the HIV/AIDS policy, legislation, financing & implementation of programmes in Mozambique
- A review of HIV/AIDS policy, financing, legislation and programmes: South African case study: Draft
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on the health sector: national survey of health personnel, ambulatory and hospitalised patients and health facilities, 2002
- Prevention of mother to child transmission: a report of an assessment of a pilot programme in fifteen health facilities in Gauteng province
- A comparative analysis of the financing of HIV/AIDS programmes in Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, October 2003
- HIV/AIDS/STD knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours in a rural South African adult population
- Traditional healers on board to fight HIV/AIDS
- HIV/AIDS impact assessment study project: first trimester report March - July 2006
- Where the heart is: meeting the psychosocial needs of young children in the context of HIV/AIDS
- Bush and the global gag rule: trick or treat?
- Evaluation of HIV/AIDS prevention intervention messages on a rural sample of South African youth's knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours over a period of 15 months
- HIV/AIDS/STD prevention intervention messages: an evaluation of the knowledge, attitudes and beliefs of a rural South African sample
- HIV prevention intervention among low-income women in South Africa: a randomized control trial 1
- Containment and contagion: how to strengthen families to support youth HIV prevention in South Africa
- Community collaborative youth-focused HIV/AIDS prevention in South Africa and Trinidad: preliminary findings
- Meeting the psychosocial needs of children in the context of HIV/AIDS
- Social and behavioral aspects of child and adolescent participation in HIV vaccine trials
- Mediating social representations using a cartoon narrative in the context of HIV/AIDS: the AmaQhawe family project in South Africa
- Moving voluntary counselling and testing to the people