Teach the parents well
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents' participation in their children's school activities is an important facet of successful education. Children gain better scores and improve in academic achievement when their parents work hand-in-hand with the school. RONNIE MMOTLANE, LOLITA WINNAAR and MBITHI WA KIVILU did a survey on who are the parents that get involved in their children's schools.
Related Research Outputs:
- Research on TV violence and sex in SABC programmes
- Strengthening authoritative parenting styles and monitoring
- Globalisation, enterprise and knowledge: education, training and development in Africa
- Challenges in the provision of private schools in South Africa
- Book review: Harber, C. (2000) State of transition: post-apartheid educational reform in South Africa (Monographs in international education) Walligford, Oxford: Symposium Books. ISBN 1 873927 19 3
- Understanding the size of the problem: the national skills development strategy and enterprise training in South Africa
- Non governmental organisations and education in South Africa
- Deracialisation & migration of learners in South African schools
- Opening the doors of learning: where is the principal?: a position paper
- Education, ethnicity, gender, and social transformation in Israel and South Africa
- The benefits of information and communication technology in tele-education: a case study
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Globalization and the social construction of reality: affirming or unmasking the "inevitable"?
- Mathematics literacy of final year students: South African realities
- Poverty power and partnerships in educational development: a post-victimology perspective
- The recognition of prior learning power, pedagogy and possibility: conceptual and implementation guides
- Etat de l'ecole: usage des systemes d'information et construction d'indicateurs synthetiques
- Report on the fortieth general assembly meeting of the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA), Oslo, Norway, 30 August - 2 September 1999
- Summary of LATAG lifeskills workshop: Gabarone, Botswana 19-22 June 1999
- Middle school students' performance in mathematics in the third international mathematics and science study: South African realities