Rapid assessment of the champions for an HIV-free generation
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This report presents the findings of the rapid assessment of the Champions for an HIV-Free Generation Initiative. The assessment was meant to explore the effectiveness of the Initiative over the first three years of its existence, and to provide recommendations to guide future implementation. To achieve these objectives, data was obtained from two main sources in July and August 2011:
* a review of background and operational documents including annual reports, and reports of country visits, and
* stakeholder interviews with key stakeholders in four of the seven countries that the Champions have visited: Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland and Zambia. Interviews were also conducted with the Champions, HLCC and OCC members, Secretariat staff.
To achieve the objectives of the assessment, the interview guides for the different stakeholders, were all designed to solicit information on stakeholders' view of the Champions as an initiative, and on the three broad aspects of: relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability.
Related Research Outputs:
- A comparative analysis of the financing of HIV/AIDS programmes in Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, October 2003
- Building innovative partnership for HIV/AIDS: "walk the talk"
- Positive prevention: process of adapting healthy relationships to African context
- Acceleration of HIV prevention in the African region: towards an operational research agenda for the scale up of effective interventions
- Review of the HIV/AIDS policy, legislation, financing & implementation of programmes in Mozambique
- A review of HIV/AIDS policy, financing, legislation and programmes: South African case study: Draft
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on the health sector: national survey of health personnel, ambulatory and hospitalised patients and health facilities, 2002
- Prevention of mother to child transmission: a report of an assessment of a pilot programme in fifteen health facilities in Gauteng province
- HIV/AIDS/STD knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours in a rural South African adult population
- Traditional healers on board to fight HIV/AIDS
- HIV/AIDS impact assessment study project: first trimester report March - July 2006
- Bush and the global gag rule: trick or treat?
- Evaluation of HIV/AIDS prevention intervention messages on a rural sample of South African youth's knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours over a period of 15 months
- HIV/AIDS/STD prevention intervention messages: an evaluation of the knowledge, attitudes and beliefs of a rural South African sample
- HIV prevention intervention among low-income women in South Africa: a randomized control trial 1
- Education and health facilities (including gender and HIV/AIDS)
- Containment and contagion: how to strengthen families to support youth HIV prevention in South Africa
- Community collaborative youth-focused HIV/AIDS prevention in South Africa and Trinidad: preliminary findings
- Social and behavioral aspects of child and adolescent participation in HIV vaccine trials
- Mediating social representations using a cartoon narrative in the context of HIV/AIDS: the AmaQhawe family project in South Africa