Re-aligning the development trajectory in Madagascar through local voices
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The political history of post-independence Madagascar is similar to that of other former French colonies on the continent, which have been characterised by a strong presidency, weak state institutions and complete absence of the state around the periphery. The 2009 uprising in Madagascar necessitated rethinking fundamental questions of how states were formed in Africa and of findings new ways of community consultation and development, says Olivia Lwabukuna et al.
Related Research Outputs:
- Who is in the driving seat?: development cooperation and democracy
- The contested state of democracy in South Africa
- Knowledge-based aid: a four agency comparative study
- Sida, knowledge, learning and capacity
- Knowledge for development
- Introduction: globalisation and the world of work, a French-South African cross perspective
- Book review: Carlsson, J. & Wohlgemuth, L. (eds) (2000). Learning in development cooperation. Stockholm, Almqvist and Wicksell. ISBN 9122018964
- Fragments of democracy: nationalism, development and the state in Africa
- Development funding in SA 2000/01
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Debating Castells and Carnoy on the network society
- Globalization and the social construction of reality: affirming or unmasking the "inevitable"?
- Poverty power and partnerships in educational development: a post-victimology perspective
- Targeting and mapping the needs of the poor
- Expo for young scientists (note: includes: projects guide: an entrant's guide to developing a science project, Expo news, prospectus, and the forum for young ideas)
- Contemporary tourism at Dwesa-Cwebe
- Rethinking gender, empowerment and development
- African renaissance: towards the development of a spatial information system for socio-economic development in Africa
- Funding freedom?: synthesis report on the impact of foreign political aid to civil society organisations in South Africa
- Social impact assessment of development projects