Small-scale livestock farming and primary animal healthcare in South Africa: challenges and policy implications
Download this report
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Key findings of a pilot study confirm that an improved understanding of the challenges facing small-scale livestock farmers in the area of primary animal healthcare (PAHC) may contribute to the better-focused development of policies and programmes.
Related Research Outputs:
- Gender, small-scale livestock farming and food security: policy implications in the South African context
- Municipal commonage administration in the Northern Cape: can municipalities promote emergent farming?
- Market access for small-scale farmers in South Africa
- Municipal commonage administration: can the new-look municipalities promote emergent farming?
- How a smallholder farmer entered and remained in the export market for thirty years
- Visit to Italy for the purpose of attending 18th Symposium of the International Farming Systems Association at the Salesianum, Rome
- The socioeconomics of subsistence farmers
- The socioeconomics of subsistence farmers and the contribution of the social sciences to agricultural development
- Social functions of natural resources in the Tembe area of Maputaland, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Can land and agrarian reform in South Africa create opportunities for smallholder farmers and help reduce rural poverty?
- Small-scale agriculture, employment and an all-inclusive rural economy
- Factors influencing the use of alternative land cultivation technologies in Swaziland: implications for smallholder farming on customary Swazi nation land
- How do small farm households benefit from ICT access and use?
- Stories of change: five diseases, one vaccine: a boost for emerging livestock farmers in South Africa
- The gendered dimensions of farming systems and rural farmer households in the context of food security: a pilot study of small-scale livestock farmers in Marble Hall and Rhenosterkop
- The socioeconomics of livestock keeping in two South African communities: a black man's bank
- What factors determine household food security among smallholder farmers?: insights from Msinga, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- New vaccine to help smallholder farmers strengthen food security
- Gender dynamics within small-scale farming: narratives of smallholder livestock farmers in five provinces, South Africa
- Smallholder livestock farmers' knowledge, attitudes, practices and perceptions towards vaccinations: the case of five provinces in South Africa