Disaggregated development: between 'trade, industrialisation and migration'
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
The study focuses on regional development, viewed from regional integration lens informed by disaggregated trade, industrialisation and migration. The study's response to impact of regional integration agenda and hard talks about migration, industrialisation and trade initiatives in the region in long overdue. Regional integration has erned political support in African Union member stats, but it is stalling at the implementation level. To this end, employing qualitative methodologies and desktop studies, the study disaggregates regional decfelopment by exploring trade,migration and industrialisation to underscore the casual effect and dividends of regional integration.
Related Research Outputs:
- Rethinking the role of the African state in industrial development: building a democratic developmental state
- Trade unions & party politics: labour movements in Africa
- Southern Africa-China economic relations: trends and outcomes - trade and industry
- Breaking the impasse, beginning the change: labour market, unions and social initiative in Durban
- Top concord and casual labour-globalisation and livelihoods in the Durban docks
- Book review: Goetz, A.M., Hassim, S. (eds.) (2003). No shortcuts to power: African women in politics and policy making. Cape Town: Zed Books. 246 p. ISBN 1842771477
- Democracy in Africa: moving beyond a difficult legacy
- Book review: Legum, C. (2001) Africa since independence. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press.105pp. & Abrahamsen, R. Disciplining democracy: development discourse and good governance in Africa. London: Zed Books. 168pp. & Salih, M. (2001) African democracies and African politics. London: Pluto Press. 234pp
- Fragments of democracy: nationalism, development and the state in Africa
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Africa in the contemporary world
- Escaping Europe's clutches
- The national liberation struggle in South Africa: a case study of the United Democratic Front, 1893-1987
- Managing African conflicts: the challenge of military intervention
- Globalization and emerging trends in African states' foreign policy-making process
- Reorganising the Department of Trade and Industry
- African sociology: towards a critical perspective: the collected essays of Bernard Makhosezwe Magubane
- With Africa for Africa: towards quality education for all
- Assessment of mathematics and science in Africa (AMASA)
- Report to the EFA regional technical advisory group, UNESCO sub-regional office for Southern Africa on EFA assessment