Poverty and HIV/AIDS: impact of social grants among South African Indians in an Urban setting in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In South Africa poverty and HIV/AIDS is concentrated among blacks, particularly Africans. Social support grants mitigate amongst the deserving poor. There is a need to understand the impact of social grants even among the impoverished black minorities, like that of the South African Indian community in order to inform the social welfare policy. The study examines the impact of grants in the context of poverty and HIV among the South African Indian people residing in an impoverished urban informal community in Durban, South Africa.
Related Research Outputs:
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on land issues in Kwazulu-Natal province South Africa: case studies from Muden, Dondotha, Kwadumisa and Kwanyuswa
- Report on experiences in the Amandlamadoda (menpower) sexual and reproductive project in Umkhanyakude, KwaZulu-Natal
- What can a woman do with a camera?: turning the female gaze on poverty and HIV and AIDS in rural South Africa
- Gender power inequalities in the context of HIV/AIDS among South African Indians in an urban setting in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Bloodwise? Knowledge and attitudes pertaining to HIV and blood donation in Durban
- Fertility: current South African issues of poverty, HIV/AIDS & youth: seminar proceedings
- Food security in southern Africa: causes and responses from the region
- Determinants of income mobility and household poverty dynamics in South Africa
- Children learn lessons of suffering
- Rapid appraisal of the community capacity empowerment programme and leadership development for results: components of the enhancing an integrated response to HIV, AIDS and poverty programme
- Just a little smile
- Trends and policy challenges in the rural economy: four provincial case studies
- Development of a conceptual framework to help understand the interactions between poverty and HIV/AIDS at the household level
- Pipe dream for the province's poor?
- HIV/AIDS/STI/TB knowledge, beliefs and practices of traditional healers in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Poverty and HIV/AIDS in South Africa: an empirical contribution
- A controlled study of an HIV/AIDS/STI/TB intervention with traditional healers in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- HIV/AIDS/STI/TB knowledge, attitudes and practices among lay health workers and nurses in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Building resilience: a rights-based approach to children and HIV/AIDS in Africa
- Associations of poverty, substance use, and HIV transmission risk behaviors in three South African communities