Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 333 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Measurement of changes in health across locations is useful to compare and contrast changing epidemiological patterns against health system performance and identify specific needs for resource allocation in research, policy development, and programme decision making. Using the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors Study 2016, we drew from two widely used summary measures to monitor such changes in population health: disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) and healthy life expectancy (HALE). We used these measures to track trends and benchmark progress compared with expected trends on the basis of the Socio-demographic Index (SDI).
Related Research Outputs:
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016
- Trends in HIV testing and associated factors among men in South Africa: evidence from 2005, 2008 and 2012 national population-based household surveys
- Healthcare access and quality index based on mortality from causes amenable to personal health care in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2015: a novel analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 84 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks, 1990-2016: a systemic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016
- Global, regional, and national under-5 mortality, adult mortality, age-specific mortality, and life expectancy, 1970-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016
- Measuring progress and projecting attainment on the basis of past trends of the health-related sustainable development goals in 188 countries: an analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016
- Progress report on the disability assessment tool
- Disability assessment tool
- Disability and development
- Disability and development: All dressed up and nowhere to go?
- Women and disability: Exploring the interface of multiple disadvantage
- Expectations and allocations: the politics of disability grants in a psychiatric clinic in Khayelitsha
- What is disability?
- Abstract: Determinants of the use of voluntary counselling and testing services among the sexually active adult population of South Africa
- Defining orphaned and vulnerable children
- 'Nothing without us': disability inclusion and the South African mass media
- Preventive health behavior, personality and religiosity among black and white South Africans
- Self-reported speeding intention and expected consequences of speeding among South African drivers: an exploratory study
- Perceptions of tuberculosis: attributions of cause, suggested means of risk reduction, and preferred treatment in the Limpopo province, South Africa
- Pathogen genomics and infectious diseases in Africa